THE MEDITERRANEAN LIFESTYLE MEETS MODERN AUSTRALIAN BY LEON SPICCIA
THE MEDITERRANEAN LIFESTYLE
MEETS MODERN AUSTRALIAN
BY LEON SPICCIA
Pre-register your details prior, including full name and mobile number to [email protected], for priority access. Once these details are received, you will be contacted with further information.
Leon Spiccia was Perth City’s architect to the stars in the 1980’s and this home does not disappoint. Perched high on the hill on a sundrenched north facing slope in City Beach, with beautiful ocean aspect, this big family home is of a uniquely interesting and timeless design.
Leon employs a mix of robust, strong lines and organic architectural curves, soaring ceilings, multi-level voids, natural earthen materials and hardwood timbers and a kaleidoscope of colours in the wet areas to create a strong, confident, and bold home of forever relevance.
Built for a European migrant family, from the gorgeous Greek island of Kastellorizo it is so wonderful to see this homes design embody a physical representation of the blending of our two vibrant cultures to embrace all the beautiful elements we now treasure so dearly in modern Australian life.
With a sparkling, below ground pool, framed by the backdrop of the ocean views its own sauna, elevator, pizza oven, wine cellar and terraced herb and vegetable gardens, mini fruit orchard as well as numerous paved and low maintenance courtyards for alfresco entertaining dotted around the large 921 sqm landholding, this is a true lifestyle home.
Combine this with abundant north light, protection from the prevailing Sou’west winds, and a design which encourages great family separation as well as a seamless interaction between your indoor and outdoors life and you really do have it all!
Apart from the recent addition of an elevator, and a modern kitchen, this is a strikingly original and immaculately preserved architectural work of Leon Spiccia. A rare jewel, of raw materials, purpose designed to be hardwearing and maintenance-free for a long, easy-care lifestyle by the coast.
Make it yours now and live a part of the exciting next chapter of this classic home’s life!
• Architect designed split three level home. Built 1978.
• Large block 941sqm with ocean views
• Large open plan kitchen, dining and living area
• New kitchen (2012), double oven, granite benchtops. Miele appliances throughout. Plenty of storage.
• Separate elevated dining room with balcony and ocean views
• Split level lounge with large jarrah lined fully decked out bar and balcony with ocean views
• 4 large bedrooms, two with balcony and ocean views. All bedrooms with built in robes.
• Main bedroom with large ensuite & huge walk in robe
• Fully ducted, 2 unit air-conditioning
• Gas log heater
• 3 bathrooms and 3 toilets, one on each level
• Huge games room with bar and own bathroom and timber lined sauna
• Underground walk in hidden storage area/potential wine cellar
• Large fenced below ground, concrete pool (10m x 6m) recently retiled and resealed
• Custom built in barbecue with power and storage
• Large custom designed woodfire pizza brick oven with thermocouple temperature gauges
• Manicured rockeries & fully reticulated lawns
• New three level elevator (2018)
• Ample off-street parking for up to 4 cars plus another 2 in garage with automatic roller door
• Huge storeroom off garage
• Automatic remote-control front gate
Life is good here… Welcome to City Beach.
Pre-register your details prior, including full name and mobile number to [email protected], for priority access. Once these details are received, you will be contacted with further information.Contact Agent
Discover city beach
The juxtaposition of being the most central and closest beachside suburb to the heart of Perth City, yet abundant in nature, greenery and expansive wide open spaces is at the core of the allure of City Beach. Almost completely surrounded by a green belt, it is cocooned by an amazing natural buffer of Bold Park, the Golf course, Army Reserve and the sparkling Indian Ocean and internally interwoven by a network of parks many of which meander all the way from one end of the suburb to the other without even crossing a road. City Beach is a suburb like nowhere else.Suburb Profile